Friday, March 16, 2012

Trimester 3

This morning I got up thinking about all the things I need to do today to prepare for the end of the trimester. I have paperwork, grading, cleaning, planning, and moving some kiddos who are now too smart for me. It's a lot, but it's all exciting! Exciting for me, because I get to throw away all the crap that has been left in my room, I will once again have sparkling clean desks and organized bookshelves, I will get to see and hear the excitement from the students who will learn today that they get another elective because they have improved so much.
It is exciting for them because they get a new schedule, they're grades have been wiped clean and they get to start all over, there will be a new seating chart where they may get to sit next to their friends, and the new curriculum for third tri. is always exciting and fun. My question is, why don't adults get a trimester three. Now, I of course know the realistic answer to this question, but wouldn't it be nice? I would like to get a new daily schedule three times a year, I would like for my past mistakes to be wiped clean and be able to start over new, I would like to move to a seat closer to my friends, have a whole bunch of new stuff going on, and to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I know some of you maybe thinking "Your a teacher! Don't you get all these things too?!" Nope. I have the same schedule every trimester (a couple of kids may change, but for the most part I teach classes that go year-long), the seating chart includes the same kiddos (who I love and adore, but they are the same), and the curriculum is mostly the same as years past, but unlike the kids, the parts that do change are no fun for me. It just means more research, planning, and a lot of trial and error. Also, the light at the end of the tunnel that my students see is there for me too, but it doesn't exactly mean the same thing. They get to play all summer (hopefully) w/o a care in the world, while I take classes and prepare for next year.
I also don't mean that these things should literally happen to me. I just want the opportunity to start fresh and have my outlook changed once and a while. My life is amazing! I have absolutely everything I could need or want, but sometimes adults loose sight of that, and I think switching things up three times a year, may make it more obvious as to what is wonderful in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment