Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"One, Two, Three.....Weeeee!"

I'm a bit on the grouchy side at this point. There are many reasons for this, but the most pressing reason for my mood, is my son. He was supposed to be asleep, oh...about two hours ago. In fact he WAS asleep in the car on the way home from my mom's house. But the second we walked into the house, he perked up and thought it was time to play. I said, "Nope, time for bed." I gave him his binky-boo, covered him up, and went down stairs. When I turned on the monitor, silence! I thought that I had dodged a bullet.
No way! Within 10 minutes he was playing in his crib. Talking to himself, singing, and calling for mommy. I waited patiently for him to quiet down and fall asleep. A half an hour later, I hear what sounds like a choking sound. I run up the stairs to see my son standing at the edge of his crib waiting for me. He had a huge smile on his face and proceeded to say "Rock, rock." I took him to the rocking chair and we rocked. Or I rocked, and he squirmed, and wiggled, and tried to get down.
Finally I gave up, put him back in his crib, and went downstairs. He began to cry (he added a bit more enthusiasm to his wailing than usual), and continued to call for me. I have now been ignoring his calls for quite some time now. But do I hear snoring or silence? No. I hear, "One, two, three....weeeeee!" "One, two, three....weeeeeee! This is accompanied by the sound of my son jumping on his bed somewhere between three and weeeee. Would I be a horrible mommy if I just turned off the monitor and let him be? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment