Sunday, May 13, 2012

Super Daddy!

Mother's Day is a holiday devoted to all of the things that mamas do for their babies. However, today I learned how truly blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband! I woke up at 7:30 am.....yes 7:30! Joe got up with Liam so that I could get some much needed rest. When I finally made my way downstairs, there was a very happy little guy waiting to say, "Happy Mother's Day Mommy!" I also had a beautiful antique fruit bowl, that matches our kitchen decor perfectly, waiting on the kitchen table. If that wasn't enough, it was filled with all of my favorite snacks and there was a Sunday Oregonian (for coupon clipping) sitting next to it. Joe and Liam had already taken a trip to the store just to help me getting my couponing fix!
Within minutes, my breakfast was made and served. It was so yummy! We went for a walk to Target to get Liam some much-needed warm-weather-wear and stopped at a park on the way home. It was so beautiful and warm this morning, that we spent almost an hour just relaxing at the park. When we got home, Liam was ready for a nap, so Joe and I were able to relax. Well, sort of. Joe cleaned the garage (which was a huge gift to me!) and I spent hours in the backyard gardening and enjoying the sun.
When Liam finally woke up (it was a three and a half hour nap), we headed to my mom's house for a family BBQ. My grandparents, mom and step-dad, three of my sisters and one fiance, my niece, and our family were the attendees. We made delicious food and played on the slip and slide. It was so relaxing and enjoyable to sit at the table on the deck, talking to the other strong women in my family, while Joe chased Liam all over. I was able to eat every meal in peace, get through an entire conversation without interruption, and lay back and get a tan.
My mom gave me a very pretty pink geranium as a gift, which means more work for Joe. I have been trying to talk him into tearing out an ugly plant in our front flowerbed, and receiving this plant sealed it's fate! But did my husband complain? Nope! He smiled and said he would clear the unattractive plant out by next weekend, so I can plan the new one.
On the way home, he insisted that we stop. Where?......Burgerville! He went in and got us fresh strawberry milkshakes (my favorite!). Once home, he got Liam dressed and ready for bed, read him books, and is currently rocking him  while I get some distraction-free mommy time. Next on the agenda, a bubble bath and some girly tv before heading to bed to dream about days like today and husbands like the one I have.
Today was supposed to be all about me and everything that I do for my family, but it ended up being a day full of reminders of just how lucky I am to have my boys.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment