Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I See Red!

Every time my husband and I go out together without our little guy, I feel the need to spiff up a bit more than usual. Last night he took me out to a wonderful dinner at one of our favorite places. As I was waiting for him to get home, I thought I might as well paint my finger nails. I NEVER paint my finger nails. It's way too much work for something that I can't do well, takes forever, and will start to chip and look terrible in hours. But I did anyway.
I chose a very fiery red to match my feelings at the time. No not for Valentine's Day or for 'love', but because I was feeling a bit fiery myself. It wasn't until this morning that I thought about how painting my nails may actually be of serious benefit! My students walked in, and one of them said "Oh, Mrs. B has red nails today. We better be good!
Having red nails isn't just useful in signaling silence from 11 year olds, it also gave me a new attitude. I feel sarcastic, confident, like a force to be reckoned with. I like the painted-side of me, and it makes me wonder if different colors would give me different moods. Hmm. I may have to take the 30 minutes to do this more often, even if it does only last until the paint begins to chip.

:D

1 comment:

  1. Sally Hanson Hard As Nails, no chip top coat will take care of that chipping. I always feel best with red nails! :)

    ReplyDelete