Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ideas, Projects, and Dads! Oh My!

My husband always says that I am so similar to my dad. I have never been able to see it more than in the last couple months. My dad owns his own remodeling/repair company and it's his job to come up with ideas about how to make houses and properties better. I so have this trait these days! My mind can not stop coming up with ideas and projects that could make our house our own and amazing! The problem is, #1- having the funds to support the ideas, and #2- we are not sure how long we really plan to live in our current home, so some projects may be pointless. I think that this process is fun and exciting, but I do tend to get overly excited and then feel crushed when reality hits me.
My dad is so creative and can do amazing things, and I am starting to think that I may have some of his interest in design. It is so funny how alike we seem these days! A couple of weeks ago I was trying to explain one of my ideas to Joe. When he looked confused, or maybe it was stress, I pulled out a piece of paper and pencil and said "Let me draw a picture for you." Classic Dad move! I then spent hours after our discussion, measuring, drawing, erasing, re-drawing, and perfecting my own plans for the project. I loved it!
I got into this mind-set in early January and so far, I'm not slowing down! Project after project floods my mind daily. This, of course, is driving Joe insane! He is extremely practical and will not get excited or even interested in something like this, without knowing that we can absolutely afford it and without hours of my blabbing 0n and on about how great it would be. I'm sure that this is exhausting for him, but I'm thriving on the constant creativity that is flowing from my mind.
Luckily for both of us, it looks as though at least one or two of my wonderful ideas will/could be a reality in the near future. This will be good for both of us, because I will get to see some of my ideas come to be and good for Joe because (hopefully) I will be satisfied for a bit and he can relax. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment