Friday, February 3, 2012

From the Mouths of Babes

So, everyone thinks that their child is the most beautiful, perfect child that has ever walked on this earth......guess what!? I know that it's true in my case. ; )
There is evidence that supports my thoughts. Do you need to hear it to be convinced? Well, here it is:
Everyone we meet out and about comments on how completely adorable my son is. Just last weekend, while getting his hair cut, several people said so. Then there is the usual infatuation with every picture that he has ever been in (none of which are less than amaing). But the last, and most crucial piece of evidence came at school today.
While getting ready to show my students a powerpoint presentation about the pharaohs of ancient Egypt, I was hooking up my computer to the document camera. When my students saw the picture of my beautiful boy that covers my screen, they did a collective sigh and the "how cute!" and "he is so adorable" comments were flying. Then (and this is the most important part) one student spoke out, "Is that a model baby?" My heart skipped a beat and I smiled from ear to ear. I said, "Nope. That's my little guy." He face was one of utter suprise. "But he is just so cute! He should be a baby model!"
I will NEVER forget the day that one of my six graders proved that what I have thought all along is in fact the absolute truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment