Monday, July 23, 2012

Pregnancy Addiction

Written 6/20/12:

Throughout my pregnancy with Liam, I had only one craving- milk. I drank about a half gallon a day, which is in no way normal for me. But I didn't really feel the whole "craving" thing. Based on TV shows, movies, and information given to me by other women about their pregnancy cravings, I felt like the milk thing was nothing. This pregnancy however, has been filled with firsts, including cravings.
For the past month or so, I have not been able to get enough fruit. Any fruit will do, I'm not picky, but I have to eat at least one a day. Lucky for me, it's the time of year where fruit is plentiful and there are several varieties to choose from. I have been taking full advantage of our local farmer's market, fruit stands, and the produce aisle at the grocery store. I hope that this craving doesn't continue into the winter, because I'm sure I will get pretty tired of bananas and oranges.
Yesterday, my mom brought me cherries picked from a friend's tree. They are my favorite, Royal Anne. She brought me a grocery bag filled with them! I was so excited that I got started on them right away, and couldn't stop eating them all night. Before cherries (and even still now), the cravings have included peaches, nectarines, apples, bananas, fresh pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, and plums.
I have always loved fruit, but this is crazy! I guess if I have to be addicted to something while pregnant, fruit is not a bad thing to "need". But after this, I sure hope that my cravings don't shift to something like fast food or candy, because it feels like eating what my body wants is like needing to breathe and I'm not sure I could say "No!" for very long.

Yet another addiction caused by my babies! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment