Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Year in Review

I have spent a lot of time thinking about 2011 and the changes that it brought. There were some great changes mixed with some painful ones. Overall, I think that the past year should be labeled a "Growing Year". Not only for myself, but also for my family, friends, and specifically my baby boy (who is not much of a baby anymore). I have changed a lot in the past few years, but I think that this year in particular has been the most important. I have grown a great deal as a person, mom, sister, daughter, friend, teacher, and wife. My role has changed in each of these areas several times this year and I have learned how to change too. Not everything about this year was a positive situation, but I believe that even the worst of situations have had some sort of role in the outcome of the year and have been crucial to my personal growth.
Last year I had a resolution to be flexible and openminded to the changes that life had in store for me. I think I did a pretty good job of this. I also had a resolution to loose the baby weight and become more comfortable in my own skin. I can put a check next to each of those as well. This year, my resolutions are to really focus on my relationship with my husband which has taken a backseat to many other obligations this past year. I will also focus on continuing the personal growth that I have started to make.
This year brought the loss of my dear grandma, the first birthday of my son, a new work schedule, renewed friendships, a walking/talking child, home projects, a memorable trip to Crater Lake, several trips to the beach, a few classes, some good reads, many changes at work, and several priority shifts. It seems to be a busy year behind me, but I have a feeling this year will blow it out of the water! Hopefully in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment