Monday, January 2, 2012

TBA-Temporary Baby Amnesia

My husband and I love my son more than anything and anyone. We adore him and love spending every waking minute with him. Well, not every waking minute. Anyone who knows us, knows that he comes first and we are more than happy with that arrangement. But the other night we got to thinking, now that he is in our lives there is no way to go even a few hours without him dominating our thoughts and conversations. This was the case in August when Joe and I spent the night out and stayed in a hotel to celebrate our anniversary. What happened? Well we talked about Liam the whole time and still woke up early the next morning so that we could get home to him. The thought occurred to me that wouldn't it be nice if we could get TBA (or temporary baby amnesia) once in a while.

For example, if the hubby and I wanted to have a date night- go out to dinner, maybe see a movie, get a drink, it would be so nice to do all of that without the worry that is associated with being away from your baby. It would also be great if we could have a conversation with one another without the topic always being around our little guy. As I said before, I love my son more than I ever thought possible, but I also think it would be nice to take a pill and for two or three hours actually forget I have a baby boy and have a night that is once again, truly about us. Now I know that this isn't possible (at least yet) and maybe there is a good reason for that, but a mommy can dream can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment