Saturday, October 12, 2013

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love sweaters, pumpkin patch trips, brisk walks, football, comfort food, decorating, and the family memories that come with the season. But one of the biggest reasons for this is that, I love the taste of pumpkins! All year, I stockpile recipes that have pumpkin as a main ingredient in preparation for the season. Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins is one of my family's absolute favorites. Here is the super simple recipe:

Ingredients:
1 cup chocolate chips
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Recipe:
1. Combine eggs, pumpkin, sugar, spices, salt, and oil. Beat well with a whisk.
2. Stir in chocolate chips, and set aside.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl, making a well in the center.
4. Pour in pumpkin mixture.
5. Spoon into a greased muffin pan, 2/3 of the way full.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.

These are so yummy, that I make them several times throughout the season. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment